Advanced Clery Act Compliance Training Academy: Practical Application of the Regulations
The ADVANCED Clery Act Compliance Training Academy is a 3 ½ day training program that provides an opportunity for attendees to build upon the foundation provided in the D. Stafford & Associates Clery Act Compliance Training Academy through a combination of instruction, discussion, and group-based learning activities that explore how to practically apply relevant laws and ED guidance to some of the most vexing issues facing practitioners.
This experience is designed to be interactive, with attendees participating in group analysis and exercises throughout the 3 ½ days. Participants will be able to assess their ability to competently apply the law to specific scenarios and problems while evaluating pertinent operating procedures and practices that relate to complying with the Clery Act.
The class will extend what attendees learned in the DSA Clery Act Compliance Training Academy by:
- using scenarios to provide participants with an opportunity to apply classification and counting rules to specific fact patterns for purposes of accurately classifying and counting crime statistics in accordance with Clery Act definitions and standards;
- providing structured opportunities for practitioner to discuss how to manage the data collection, compilation, reconciliation, and reporting processes to ensure compliance;
- affording participants with the opportunity to analyze what makes a crime log compliant and how to manage the log;
- understanding the key concepts of Clery Geography and how to translate that understanding into formation of a “Clery Map”;
- developing policies and operating procedures for managing Timely Warning Notices and Emergency Notifications; and
- providing opportunities to assess reported incidents and in developing compliant alerts for your campus community.
Registrants will be required to submit various documents via a survey link prior to attending the class, as some of those submissions will be used during the class for purposes of group analysis and assessment.
The class size is limited to allow for a significant amount interactive discussion and group exercises.
Pre-Requisite for Attending:
Attendees must have successfully completed the DSA Clery Act Training Academy after January 1, 2016. DSA reserves the right to cancel registration if we determine the registrant did not complete the DSA Clery Act Training Academy after this date. If you would like to verify whether or not you have met the prerequisite, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This class is held in various locations around the country each year. The class is generally held from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm on the first three days and 8:00 am -11:00 am on the last day (check the logistics for each individual class by clicking on the “Class Details & Registration” button, as some class times may be adjusted within the 4 days due to space issues at the host campus).
Additional logistics (airports, hotels, and other location specific information) is available when clicking the “Class Details & Registration” button for a specific class. (Note: clicking the “Class Details & Registration” button will not automatically register attendees for this class. There is an additional registration button that attendees must click to register at the bottom of the logistics page to complete the registration process).
DSA Advanced Clery Act Training Academy: Practical Application (2024-01)
February 6-9, 2024
Arlington, TX (University of Texas Arlington)
Advanced Clery Act Training Academy: Practical Application (2024-02)
May 28-31, 2024
Boston, MA (Suffolk University)
Advanced Clery Act Training Academy: Practical Application (2024-03)
November 12-15, 2024
Langhorne, PA (Cairn University)